Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cutie Patooties

I've been finding so many cute, adorable things lately, I just had to share a few. You can bet there will be more of these type posts in the future from me, as I love all things related to animals (who are inherently cute). If you didn't already know, I've been a dog welfare/rescue/rights volunteer for many years. So it's not just about how they look. ;-)

1. Okay, I don't have any feline family members. My allergies to cats prevent that (I'm also allergic to dogs, but we don't discuss that). But if I did have kitties, I'd have a house filled with these things.
 Not just because of my Italian heritage, but because the thought of kitty catnip in ravioli shapes is simply too perfect. Seriously....plush kitty ravioli! With catnip! Hats off to Organic Dog for this clever, adorable invention.

2. My husband recently came up with the idea to do a dog toy exchange club-- you share used dog toys with others. The dogs would love it, no? "Another dog's toys? For moi? Oh Daddy, that's a brilliant idea!" Anyone who has a doggy family member knows the scenario----oh yippee! a new toy! chew, chew, slobber, slobber.....next, please. Okay, some pups love their toys and keep them. But for those with doggy toy ADD, the doggy toy exchange program seems like a good idea, eh?
Well, while sniffing around about doggy toys, I found a whole website dedicated to honoring dogs and their successfully decommissioned toys. Yes, here it is: LickedToys.com. Now, instead of getting frustrated with your pup, cleaning up the puffs of toy filling and reminding him "how much that toy cost," and "what a waste it was to chew it to bits" within five minutes of receiving it, you can pull out your camera, document your proud pup amidst the destruction, and submit it to LickedToys.com. Now isn't that a much better way to react to your pup's natural desire to chew and shred and tear and... :-)

3. The sweetest collection of (forest) animal illustrations I've seen is from an illustrator on Etsy, her shop called In the Forest. The bear paintings had me in tears, as they resembled my precious angel dog, Poco, who passed at the beginning of this year. Just take a look...you'll see what I mean. Sweet, folksy yet hip, beautiful illustrations. 



No comments:

Post a Comment