Friday, February 20, 2009

Not Exactly Wash 'n Wear


I had a totally different idea for today's blog entry, until I received an unexpected return. My friend Terrilynn brought me a glass tile pendant I had made for her of her sweet dog, Isaac. Without realizing it, she had tossed her clothes, along with the necklace, into the washing machine. It wasn't until she took her clothes out of the dryer that she found the necklace. 

She found the pendant part, with Isaac's adorable face, still in the washing machine. To her delight (and mine!), the pendant was intact, amazingly making it through the wash with nothing other than the paper backing and bail coming off. (The photo above is the actual pendant and necklace, after the laundry ordeal.)

I was amazed that the photo stayed nearly perfectly intact, and did not detach from the glass tile. While I never advise getting your pendants wet, under any circumstances, it was a nice surprise to see the strength of the Judikins Diamond Glaze in action. 

The pendant will be fairly easy to repair (I'll just glue another paper backing on, then reattach the bail). And Isaac can once again secure his place next to his Mommy's heart. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment